We are excited to spend Christmas, New Year´s Eve and first 2 weeks of 2017 in Australia!
I haven´t visited this amazing continent since 1988 and 1989, so I really want to catch up with old friends, refresh memories, show my wife and kids this Great Southern Land.
Few milestones of this trip:
- Leaving Frankfurt Dec 21, flying to Dubai with Emirates and arriving in Melbourne Dec 23rd at 6:30am.
- Staying first days in Melbourne, visiting colleagues and leaders of Working Out Loud Community
- Leaving Melbourne 25th, up to the North of NSW and sleep here in Albury (nice Golf Resort with kangaroos)
- Next day in Canberra, Capital City Sightseeing. Longer visit at War Memorial.
- Quality Time with friends in Sydney from Dec 27th until Jan 2nd (incl ⛵️Sailing at NYE Fireworks, Kayaking, Manly Beach Swim, Nielsen Park Shark Bay Swim, Speed Boat Tour Harbour Bridge, Sightseeing Downtown, Wildlife Animal Park, Hillsong Church Alexandria, discovering suburbs like Balmain)
- Driving up to Gold Coast, enjoy wonderful beaches there. Visiting Port Macquarie, Koala Hospital and sleeping in Crescent Head (02-03 Jan) and Byron Bay (03-04 Jan). Staying at Gold Coast City from 04th to 5th.
- Arriving in Brisbane Jan 5th, spending 3-4 days there with former host family (students exchange 1989/1990)
- Sunshine Coast (Mooloolaba), Queensland, from 9th to 12th with former host family
- Flying back to Germany, 13th 2:30am via Dubai with full day of siteseeing there (#YamFam Meetup No3)