I am already using Jabra Evolve2 Headset Series with Evolve2 40 and Evolve2 85, find my review here.
So I am curious how brandnew Evolve2 75 – launched today Oct 12th 2021 – fits into the series of 40,65 and 85 and how this niche looks like.
Let’S have a look first into datasheet and highlight some aspects:
- Connectivity: Jabra Link 380 Bluetooth® adapter with USB-A or USB-C variant
- Bluetooth Range up to 30m/100ft wireless range
- Multiple device pairing Pair up to 8 devices, connect 2 devices at same time
- 8-microphone technology
- ANC to improve focus in loud environments
- Additional features available via Jabra Sound+ app, Jabra Xpress and Jabra Direct. Jabra Direct can be used for Device Management
- Quickly access your voice assistant with just the touch of a button
- Dedicated Microsoft Teams Button (for MSFT model)
- Up to 36 hours battery life, 24h TalkTime (without ANC and Busylight) – 33% more TalkTime than Evolve75
- 40mm speakers and AAC codec deliver richer sound for a more immersive audio experience
- 360° busylight on both earcups – acting as a do-not-disturb sign
- Easy charging and docking with the optional charging stand
- Move boom arm (now smaller than Evolve2 40) up to mute or down to unmute or answer call
- Device management with Jabra Direct and Xpress
- Personalisation with Jabra Sound+ and Jabra Direct
- Google fast pair* (*Android Only)
- On-ear detection reconizes when the headset is in use, allowing autoplaying and pausing of audio
- leatherette ear cushions should improve ventilation and reduce pressure for all-day wear
Certified for multiple Video-and Audio Conference Systems
My first impressions and thoughts
Jabra is stating: “With the combination of our ground-breaking new dual-foam technology, an improved headband and a revolutionary new ‘comfort pattern’ design, the Jabra Evolve2 75 provides incredible noise isolation and comfort for an all-round improved audio experience that feels as good as it sounds.”
Now they made me curious: Jabra Evolve2 40 performs very well in my home office, connected via USB to my Desktop or Laptop with excellent call-and microphone quality. Evolve2 85 could be in theory my favorite headset but call quality was not my Top1 choice and short boom arm scratched on my beard.
So I am finally looking forward to test new Evolve2 75 and see if it offers best of both worlds and sets new standards for Hybrid Work, my favorite topic. Find more about our Hybrid Work Tour with Microsoft here
I am writing this blogpost on a sunny beach in Spain after a plane ride, so I am also very interested to find out how advanced ANC is going to look like which goes far beyond a simple on/off switch. My in-ear buds (non-Jabra) could not filter out loud background noises and Bluetooth did only last 10 meters. So I stayed mostly quite in this press briefing call. So this headset would be much a better choice for Hyrid Work – but stay tuned: I am going to review Jabra Elite 7 Pro In-Ear Buds soon!
Jabra Evolve2 75 is going to be availabe October 15th, 329 €